From Larry Dark: Howdy and Happy New Year
Forgive the longer than normal email today. We have a lot going on at Cherokee to start ’22 off on the right foot.
This time of year all scheduled activities are WEATHER PERMITTING
Keys…… As you know one of the benefits at Cherokee is the fact that we can all get keys to the facilities. For new members that might not know how to get keys
- Be trained on the machines by someone that has keys
- 8hrs range duty on the shotgun range is required (does not count toward club maintenance hours)
- 5.00 Key Fee
- Now you are good for the year to go shoot anytime you want during normal shooting hours!!!
*New key trade out will be done 1/9/22 from noon till 3p
Turkey Shoot….. *Cherokee will host a Turkey Shoot on Friday evenings through February. Shoot will be shotgun and .22 rifle. The first is this Friday 1/7
- Tightest Choke allowed .680 (choke gauges will be used)
- .22 are open sights only (no scopes, peep, or hooded sights)
- Shotshells provided by the club.
- If you participate in the .22 shoot you will need to bring your own ammo.
- Paybacks will be done in Gift Cards
- Cost is 40.00 for 10 rounds (same for shotgun and .22)
- Start time is 6p and Waivers will be signed for any non club members
Tuesday 1/4 Open practice on the hill. Ranges open by 2p
Thursday 1/6 Cherokee Rod and Gun Club monthly meeting . Meeting starts at 7p a meal is available. There will be a short Board of Directors meeting after the general meeting. If you want to know what goes on at Cherokee….make a meeting. All of the program leaders will give an update on their events.
Friday 1/7 Arts old Codgers will be on the hill shooting trap and skeet. They get started around 9:30a and shoot till mid day. If your off they would love to have you join them. If you are new to shooting clays…this is a great time to get started. There are decades of experience on the field and they are more than happy to get folks started off on the right foot.
Saturday 1/8 Wilderness Road will host the Trophy shoot. A meal is provided. Sign ups are 9 till 10:30a
Sunday 1/9 Five Stand!!! If you havent gotten into the 5 stand thing….your missing out! This is a compact sporting clays practice course. You have most of the shots that you will see on a sporting clays field. Bring lots of shells and get on a squad.
Sunday 1/9 KEY DAY……GET YOUR KEYS TO THE SKEET AND TRAP FIELDS. JOE WILL BE READY BE NOON AND STAY TILL 3P. THE LOCKS WILL BE CHANGED AFTERWARDS
Hope to see everyone around the range