Brief Cherokee Rod & Gun Club History
The Cherokee Rod & Gun Club was founded in 1955 as a non-profit organization that was, and still is, actively engaged in the preservation of wildlife, and in environmental issues that involve clean air, streams, and lakes.
We are involved and active in issues concerning sportsmen and conservationists through our membership in and support of East Tennessee Sportsmen's Federation, Tennessee Conservation League and the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency . Cherokee Rod & Gun Club is one of the strongest conservation interests in East Tennessee.
The Club originally had facilities located on Beason Wells Road and they were later moved to the current Reservoir Road location.